Special Super Bowl Guac!
Guacamole with Lump Crab Meat
Here’s a favorite Super Bowl recipe created by one of our very own Sanctuary team members Mr. David Kimmel! We hope you enjoy this sophisticated take on a traditional fan favorite. This recipe is especially delicious after enjoying one of our appetite-inducing pre-rolls.*
4 ea Haas avocados, ripe, seeded
1 ea lime, juiced
½ tsp kosher salt
½ ea medium red onion, small dice
½ ea medium jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
2 ea Roma type tomatoes, seeded, medium dice
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated.
- Using a potato masher or large fork, crush the avocado however keep some texture (small chunks) to the mixture. Add the salt, red onion, jalapeno pepper, tomato, cilantro (reserve a little to garnish with), garlic and blend gently to ensure the texture remains intact.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat, so as not to break up crab too much. Sprinkle the remaining cilantro over the top to garnish.
- Drizzle the reserved lime juice over top. Chill. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Servings: 8 appetizer-size servings
Portion Size: Approximately ½ avocado and 2 ounces of crab per person.
- After cutting the jalapeno, be sure to wash your hands well
- Forget about this as an appetizer, make this the entrée on toast!
*Please consume responsibly. 21+.